Friday, November 11, 2016

The Fault is Not in the Stars

So the worst happened.
And still we live.

As I process the uncertainty, grieve the future, and puzzle at the present,  I keep circling around to my basic sense of self;  my relationship to the Democratic Party has been difficult.   I left in the nineties because of Bill Clinton's triangulating hippy punching neo-liberalism.   I did not vote for a Democratic Presidential candidate until the manifest disaster of George W. Bush in 2004, when I backed a flawed candidate.  It was Barack Obama who made me feel that the party was something I wanted to fight for, even as I then began to wonder why these policies didn't seem to be for me--not really.   I can't really afford the health insurance on what I make trying to tread water in the career Sea of Sorrow.   As I wrote before the election; I get it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment